Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Symposium is Coming!

I'm so excited -- only a few days left until the Rocky Mountain Woodturning Symposium!!! I will be attending all of the wonderful demonstrations, and I can't wait to see the Instant Gallery! Oh, to see those gorgeous pieces of artwork... only days away!

If you are in the area, (Loveland, CO), please come by! The Instant Gallery and the Trade Show are free to the public. You are also welcome to come to the Banquet & Auction on Saturday evening at 5:00. Tickets are $25, and all of the auction proceeds benefit the RMWT Educational Opportunity Grant.

(Remember my post on Cindy Drozda's wonderful 5-day workshop? I was the recipient of one of those educational grants, and could not have attended the workshop without it!) I will be donating one of my ornate crochet hooks to the auction.

And, in other news... I have posted FIVE gorgeous new crochet hooks on eBay! (Including that lovely below!)



I gave two demonstrations last week on how to create crochet hooks, and I talked quite a lot on wood choice and design. The hook above came out to be incredibly lovely.

For the shaft, I chose "basic black" -- "Charcoal" Dyed Hardwood. I then added a thin band of premium white Holly for some contrast. The finial is made from Curly Koa... and it has the most incredibly dense and fine stripes of chatoyancy! (I've never seen them so close together before!) Those marvelous stripies dance in the light!

Anyway, the hook came out marvelously well -- the colors are just perfect, and I love adding the beauty of natural wood. A premium crochet hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment