Monday, September 14, 2009

Posting Day!

I'm back, I'm back! The symposium was GREAT! I learned a lot from my very favorite woodturner, Cindy Drozda, having watched all three of her marvelous demonstrations! (She made these absolutely precious mushroom boxes... one of her signature fine finials... and a tantalizingly sophisticated multi-axis hollow form in which the inside of the piece is larger than the outside!!!) On Sunday I saw Matthew Hill do some fantastic things with finishing, carving, and pyrography. I can't wait to see how my new work will evolve!

Today I've posted SIX gorgeous new hooks on eBay, including those beauties on the left! I love, love, LOVE working with wonderful figured woods, and when they are dyed, those chatoyant stripes just JUMP right out at you! Like cat's-eye gemstones, those stripes dance in the light!

As I was making these hooks I also wanted to play with color, and experimented to my heart's content! I think they turned out GORGEOUSLY well! Please check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment